450 E 4th St, Suite #101, Kansas City, MO | 816-500-5409
Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you allow drop ins? Yes! We love meeting CrossFitters from out of town. Please contact us before simply showing up to class. The cost is $20 (or buy a shirt).
- Do you have to be in shape to do CrossFit? No. CrossFit is infinitely scalable and can be modified to fit any fitness level. You’ll start where you have to start and finish where you want to finish. In every class there are people at every level and everyone works at their own pace.
- Why is CrossFit so expensive? Compared to what? A “regular” gym where you have a million machines and no coaching? Then yes, we seem expensive, but it’s worth every penny. You’re going to get hands on, personal attention in every class. You’ll get all of the coaching you need to reach the results you’ve always wanted.
- Do I have to do Foundations? I was a D1 athlete/professional football player/high school all star/really great athlete. Yes, you still have to do Foundations. It is in these classes that our coaches will evaluate your fitness level, identify any issues and teach you about not only the movements used in class but also introduce you to many CrossFit topics (recovery, mobility, RMC protocols, nutrition, etc.). If you are the exception (have experience with the 9 foundational movements and Olympic lifts: air squat, front squat, overhead squat, press, push press, jerk, dead lift, sumo dead lift high pull, clean, snatch) then we will schedule a time for you to test out of Foundations and join regular classes immediately.
- How do I find you? Don’t listen to your GPS! It will probably try to lead you down streets that don’t exist anymore. We are on the southwest corner of 3rd & Locust, across the street from the Cold Storage Loft building. Look for the big green sign!
- What is the difference between the Foundations, Strength and Olympic Lifting, and WOD classes? Foundations classes are for anyone new to CrossFit with emphasis on proper technique. This class also includes a short CrossFit workout. Our Strength and Olympic Lifting class focuses on getting strong! It is limited to those members who have at least 3 months of experience under their belt. The WOD classes are the basic workout of the day. You’ll lift, run, jump, stretch and everything in between.